- Producers determine what comparisons are to be made
- Determine best management practices for your farm and your conditions
- Compare products on your farm to determine response
On-farm research is very important to the profitability of operations in today’s world. With technology, such as yield monitors and variable rate controllers, on-farm research trials are relatively easy to conduct as long as the design is well thought out. With numerous products claiming to increase yield it is important to evaluate these products for yourself before investing in additional inputs. Often times products are not evaluate under different growing conditions or in different regions. The uncertainty of response makes it important to verify the crop response on your farm prior to using the product on a large acreage.
In a lot of on-farm research studies data is not analyzed properly or the design of the study is not correct to detect differences. The key to correctly determining if differences exist in treatments/products is to make sure the study is designed well and that replication is used. A lot of times no replication is used and observations are more antidotal than scientific.
What you receive:
- A detailed protocol for the on-farm study, and prescriptions maps when needed
- Yield map evaluating treatments’
- Summary of results at the end of the season